Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year 2009

We had another great service at church tonight. We started church at 8:30 and it lasted till about 10:00 or so. Then we all went back to where the kitchen is and ate. And I must mention that we had some very good food and I ate to much! Anyways we came back in the church and some people sang and before a little before twelve we all found us a place and prayed to the Lord. I felt closer to the Lord than I have in a long time. I have been letting the desire for a child take over my life. I poured my heart out to the Lord tonight. I asked Him to give me a greater desire to pray and seek him. I ask him for a greater zeal to be the house of God each time we have church. I used to never miss church but lately I have been drawing back and I know that the Lord has no pleasure in those that draw back. This new year I want to grow closer, I want the Lord to give me a work to do. I know that there are many spiritual gifts (1 Corinthians ch. 12) and I desire to do more for the Lord. I wanted church to last all night. I have a friend that is longing for a child that I go to church with and if you pray to the Lord would you please pray for her. She has been suffering from infertility for two years now and right now she is having a hard time. I can see that longing and hurt in her eyes as she looks at the children at church. I want so much to take her pain away and if I could I would. But when we do become mothers this struggle will make us value the blessing that the Lord has given us even more. We will have a great appreciation for the miracles in our lives. Every struggle and every pain will be worth it. Every new year I wonder will next year at church will I have a baby with me. And every year I have wondered if I had the strength to make it another year without a child. But I have and I will because the Lord is my strength. Is anything to hard for the Lord? No, nothing is to hard for him. He is a miracle maker and the same God that shut the lions mouth when Daniel was in the lions den. The same God that brought the three Hebrew boys out of the fiery furnace. We are serving one that can part the seas and calm the storms. And in that I find my comfort. He will be closer to us than a brother. Lets not ruin today by worrying about what may happen tomorrow. Let the Lord help us live our life one day at a time, serving and loving him. Lets give Him the battle and stand still and know that he is God!

No comments: