Thursday, January 8, 2009

Friendships and Life

Life seems to be so rushed and everyone is always in a hurry. Do people ever take time out of their busy lives to be a friend to others. To have friends that we can count on and be there for us we first have to be a friend to them and show them that we care about what they are going through. Sometimes we have to be a listening ear to our friends instead of talking. To be a witness to this lost world? I think that sometimes we need to just slow down and listen to the Lord. Ask Him for guidance and in what direction He would have us to go. We get so busy with appointments and doctors that we don’t take the time to call upon the Lord and ask Him which way we should go. Seek the Lord and try to see what plans He has for you. Listen to what He is really telling your heart, let the Holy Ghost direct your path. Then stand firm and follow what He has instructed you to do. Lord I want you to take control, I give you my whole heart. You are always with me and have never left my side and for that I want to thank you. your strength will help me to stand strong in the face of the enemy and the doubts that come into my mind. You have made it possible for to me to do anything that I want and the ability to achieve my dreams.

Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort then which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God. 2 Corinthians 1:4

I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way that thou should go; I will guide thee with mine eye Psalm 32:8

Lead me in thy truth, and teach me; for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day. Psalm 25:5

Trust in the Lord with all thine hear; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope is in the Lord Jeremiah17:7

1 comment:

Alicia said...

This post is such and encouragement to be slow to speek and quick to listen. To almost sacrifice my own desire to be heard and put that aside to love and listen to a friend.

I loved your post from the other night! I got home so late from work I was too tired to comment.