Saturday, January 10, 2009

the day the LORD saved my soul

christian girl Pictures, Images and Photos

The Lord saved my soul in Feburary 2004. I was at work that day (I was a nursing assistant at a hospital) and the nurse that was on duty, whom I had grown to love very much, she began talking to me about the Lord. (My grandparents had always taken me to church but I had not been in a long time. I was lost and I had never accepted the Lord into my life and repented of my sins.) And as she talked to me and told me how the Lord had changed her life I began to think about my own life. And she talked about the Lord and how much better her life was with Him in it. I had never been saved. Her words stayed with me all day long. And that night as I drove home I just out it put of my mind, and when I got a couple miles from the house the Lord began to deal with my heart. I felt a burden on me so heavy that I knew I had to pray to him, really pray to him for the first time in my life. When I pulled into the driveway. I left all of my stuff in the car, I got out of the car and fell to my knees. I prayed for a long time out there and I asked the Lord to forgive me of all the wrong I had done, and to save my soul. And I felt that burden lift off of me, like never before, I felt so free. I know most people get saved in churches but the Lord dealt with me and saved me right there. I prayed still as I walked into the house. I searched for a Bible and I found one. I said "Lord, I am unlearned and please show me that I am truley saved." I closed my eyes, opened my Bible to whatever the Lord wanted me to read, I had never read my Bible before this time. I opened my eyes and my eyes fell onto the scripture that the Lord had for me, For everyone that calls upon the name of the Lord, they shall be saved. I felt the Lord at that moment and I knew my life was changed forever. I ran out to my mothers house and woke them up telling them that I had been saved, then I called everyone that I was close to and told them I was so happy. The Lord saved me from going down an bad road. From following those around me. I could have went down that same road that they did but the Lord saved me, and I am thankful. I then prayed that the Lord would lead me to a church where he would have me to go, a place that would feed me with knowledge and understanding. A place where people loved one another. And that is what I found. A great church with people that I love dearly. Then I was baptized in the creek in front of the church and what a wonderful day that was! I praise the Lord for dying for my sins so that I could be saved.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Samantha, that is awesome! Thanks for sharing your testimony here. Stories about how Jesus turns our lives around and meets us where we are just never get old! I'm happy to know we're sisters in Christ.

Alicia said...

Allelujah! Praise be to God! What an amazing testimony, it brings such glory to God Almighty. He love you so much.

Praying for you Sister :)

Love alicia <><